Beyond leveraging the talents and skills of the people of Papua New Guinea, PNG Ports plays an important role in individual development and home improvement. In this regard, we have established various programmes aimed at providing a better lifestyle through awareness, change in habits and leveraging expertise.
As a responsible Corporate Citizen, PNG Portsprovide its employees support services through its Life Skills Programme. The Life Skills Programme helps employees enhance their self-confidence and independence, resulting in improved employee health and wellbeing. A Life Skills Coach is available to attend to employees welfare at both places work and home.
Key initiatives under this programme include
Medical and health
- Facilitate education and awareness programmes in HIV/AIDS, TB, Cholera, Malaria and other Lifestyle diseases
- Increase accessibility of services to employees on HIV/Aids, TB, Malaria and other Health related diseases
- Review and implement medical policies and procedures
Corporate Family Support Programme
- Develop programmes to provide support for employees and their families
- Build and implement activities to strengthen the programme
Domestic Violence Programme
- Implement activities of the PNG Ports Domestic Violence Policy
- Facilitate activities to increase awareness to employees and their families on the campaign against domestic violence
- Facilitate White Ribbon programmes in PNG Ports
- Facilitate programmes to improve communications skills of employees in workplace and families
- Identify champions in addressing domestic violence
Employee Assistance Programme
- Establish an effective counselling service for employees at the workplace
- Provide counselling/guidance to employees with personal problems and other social issues
- Increase access to information on Birth, Death and Marriage registrations, Will and Last Testament
- Establish partnership and network with other stakeholders for information and referrals for service
- Establish and provide coaching programmes in Personal Budgeting, Managing Finances, social habits in drug use, smoking, chewing betel nut alcohol consumption etc.
- Facilitate for training programmes in problem solving, interpersonal skills, stress management, confidence building, family communication skills etc.
- Ensure and facilitate process for PNG Ports to be recognised as a Gender Responsive Organisation
- Facilitate sessions to increase awareness of employees on Policies of Gender, Harassment and Grievance Policies
- Facilitate programmes to empower female staff to build confidence and affiliations to approved organisations for enhancement of their status
- Conduct gender awareness sessions for employees to see benefits in improved working relationships and performances
- Establish Partnership or be part of the Gender Network with organisation promoting Gender Equity in Workplaces and Homes as well
Personal Viability Programme
The programme is offered to PNG Ports employees to ensure high-quality, improved and positive performance is maintained in workplace as well as prepare them to face life after employment.
The training programme reorganises the lives of staff and their families resulting in improvement in their lifestyle. PV Training is organised by the Company and facilitated through external training organisations.