The Graduate Development Program (GDP) is part of the workforce planning interventions through the Human Capital Department to: Recruit, develop, and maintain a highly competitive workforce to provide the edge it requires to be an efficient and profitable company. PNG Ports is looking at developing young graduates whose ideas, ambitions, and leadership potentials will help shape the future of PNG Ports and are essential for the growth, success, and sustainability of the company, and resolve current and future labor market shortages, and address the impending workforce shortages as a result of the aging workforce.
The graduate development program usually run for a length of 18 months and/or as determined by the Human Capital Department and the complexity of the discipline. Intake of the GDP program will be on an annual basis and will much depend on the need of respective ports and or departments.
All Graduates engaged under the GDP will undergo a process of a formal induction, formal training, rotations and finally job placements.
PNGPCLs commitment is to;
- Building its human resource capacity to keep pace with social, economic, and technological changes.
- Provide employment opportunity to fresh graduates
- Help student develop professionally in their respective careers.
- Contribute to human resource development in PNG
Graduates eligible to participate under the GDP must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years,
- Be citizens of PNG,
- Have completed a degree program within the last two years or who are eligible to graduate at a recognized university within PNG or overseas,
- Be existing employees who have completed a degree program within the last two years or who are eligible to graduate at a university within PNG or overseas,
- Have excellent academic results,
- Have not been convicted of any summary or criminal offence,
- Have clean disciplinary records,
- Have good character reference.
If you're thinking of developing a career with a dynamic organization in the following disciplines:
- Business Management
- Media & Communications
- Human Resources
Then our Graduate Development Programme may be a path to the career you've been dreaming of. The 18 months programme encompasses training and skills development, mentorship by successful national and expatriate professionals and possible permanent employment with attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you are keen on joining our Winning Team, contact the Development Programmes Coordinator on